A talented, dedicated workforce is vital to the development of a healthy community. To grow existing and new industry, the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce must ensure Wayne County employers have access to a skilled workforce. Therefore, the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce must support educational resources and initiatives to foster Wayne County’s young talent into engaged employees and thoughtful leaders to guide Wayne County forward.
• WCCC supports policies and appropriate funding to ensure classrooms are adequately equipped with the materials and resources to educate students from pre-K through 12th grade.
• WCCC supports funding for Coastal Pines Technical College to expand their campuses and grow service offerings for prospective and current students.
• WCCC supports measures that attract and retain quality teachers, especially in high-demand subject areas (e.g. science and math).
• WCCC supports innovative policies that will inspire students to pursue a career path in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics.
• WCCC supports alignment of curriculum with identified workforce needs of the business community in Wayne County.